Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recent Events

I feel like I need to write about recent events and address them in order to help myself move forward in a positive way.

It has been one week since I found out that I had had a miscarriage. Since then I have done a lot of searching. Searching for the Lord, searching for my happiness, searching for myself. I retreated back to some old habits, reaching for my headphones, reaching for my most prized music collection, reaching for my notebook, reaching deep within myself to somehow find a way to make sense of everything and allow it to be okay. This was such a raw, emotional, and personal experience and yet in one week I've had more people reach out to me and share their similar experiences. I had no idea, and as hard as it sounds all these women have regained and even built their strength, confidence, faith, and courage. I am not alone in my experience and loss and I am so grateful for those the Lord has surrounded me with to comfort, love, and support me.

Although I lost something very precious, I also gained something very precious that you don't come by very often: perspective.

No one could have predicted this and I don't blame myself for what happened. I know that I am on a path set by God, I have no idea where I'm going, only that I am headed in the direction He would have me go.