Wednesday, January 16, 2013

11 Week Pregnancy Update

I know that I just announced my pregnancy to the world last week, but these are some things I didn't talk about.

How far along? 11 weeks 5 days! I'm almost through my first trimester, whew, that was fast!

Baby is the size of a: large lime, between 1.5- 2.5 inches long

Best moment of the week: Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. It was really nice to reflect on our marriage and ponder on our future. I looked through old pictures and we were able to spend the afternoon together so it was just really nice to escape the demands of work and other people.

Movement? I haven't felt anything yet. When I went in for my first appointment last week I asked how long it would be before I felt anything and my midwife told me between 18-20 weeks. It is pretty amazing that my baby is 1.5-2.5 inches big and yet I can't feel it move yet!

Cravings? I don't have any strong cravings right now, but I'm always up for Sunny D and pickles.

Belly Button: Still in. In general my tummy still looks the same, pants still fit well, no stretch marks yet. I have some chub so I predict I won't start showing (as in that roundness of belly) for a little while yet.

Missing Anything? I'm not a huge exerciser, so not missing that, morning sickness has gone away, so not missing food anymore. I think the only thing I'm missing is a little time with my family.

Wedding Rings on or off? I've never had to take my wedding ring off for swelling before, I'm hoping I don't have to!

Aches & Pains: My back mostly. I've been trying to be better about stretching and that seems to help, but I have a feeling the low back pain is going to be a bugger!

Stretch Marks? No, well, I guess I should say no new ones!

Flying While Pregnant: Jordan and I are making plans for our babymoon! We are planning on a trip to Florida with a mini cruise, but that won't be for another few months.

Happy or Moody most of the time? For the most part I've been happy. Work is really stressful for both Jordan and myself, so I have to be really careful with that. I'm the kind of person that worries and worries and over thinks things and so even if it is just something small I can turn it into an stressful situation for myself in a very short period of time, which is not good for anyone.

Looking forward to: I'm going to listen to the heartbeat in a couple of weeks. But what I'm looking forward to most is finding out the gender in the beginning of March! That is so close, I can't even believe it!