Monday, April 22, 2013

A Testimony


Over the past few weeks I have had several experiences that have led to many hours of pondering and many moments in prayer.

I won't go into detail about any one experience, but I must share the over arching lesson I have learned which is: I know God lives, He loves me, He sent His son to atone for my sins, and I will return to live with Him again. I have been so touched by His knowledge of my life and of the blessings I so desperately needed. He knows me in all of my follies and yet He is still rooting for me, He wants me to keep trying, and wants me to succeed.

I have felt so close to my Father in Heaven as well as my Savior and I can testify to the truth that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Although I feel inadequate in the amount of my knowledge on different gospel subjects, the knowledge I do have I could never deny and inspires me to continue on studying the vast amount of information not only in the Bible, but in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants also.

I am so blessed to live in this day and age. Although there are many distractions from having a life centered in Christ, I have recently felt and seen my paradigm shift in favor of a home and a life filled with the glory of God. I have witnessed my priorities shift in a matter of moments and all the mumbo jumbo that clutters my life is now disappearing. I am slowly learning to lean heavily on my faith in Jesus Christ and to allow him to carry me through each day. I am an imperfect person and yet the Lord sees the goodness in me to allow the Holy Ghost to dwell with me and to feel His presence moment by moment. I love the Lord and appreciate His patience with me. It has taken me a long time to realize the person I can become with the help of the Lord.

I know He lives. I know He loves me. I know I will live with Him again some day, and in that day I hope he will say to me with arms outstretched "well done, thou good and faithful servant..."