Friday, April 19, 2013

Eating Clean Recipes

The past couple weeks I have been really really lazy about menu planning, so when I get home from work I've been just hopping online and googling for recipes that include ingredients I have on hand. Here are some goodies I've found.

Creamy Salsa Chicken- The original recipe makes a TON of food and since it is just my husband and me I altered the recipe to be enough for dinner and a couple of leftover meals. I used about half of everything that was called for and only about 1/2 of ONE brick of cream cheese and it was still super super yummy!

Chicken and Veggie Stew

Beef and Mushroom Casserole- this I came up with on my own....it was a long day and I was like bleh and threw this together. It actually turned out really really yummy. Not the cleanest of recipes, but still tasty.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. beef
- about 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2-1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom (depending on how creamy you want your casserole)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian blend of spices
- Bisquick biscuit mix (mixed as directions say)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 F.Start by browning the beef. While the beef is browning, chop your mushrooms, onion, and garlic. I don't really like mushrooms so I chopped mine up fairly small. Mix your chopped veggies in a bowl with the cream of mushroom, add salt and pepper and other spices, stir. Once the meat is sufficiently browned, stir it into your cream of mushroom and veggie mixture. Give everything a good stir and dump into a pan. Mix up your Bisquick mixture and plop on top of the meat mixture and spread to each side of the dish. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until your biscuit is cooked, once it is take out your casserole and let it set up and cool for a few minutes. Voila! Of course, if you have more people in your family you can adjust your ingredient amounts. As always, play around with it...add things you think might taste good...like celery, corn, or even some black beans.

Quinoa and Cilantro Salad - yum yum yum!

Quinoa Pancakes - I made these following the recipe, but I also made pancakes with about half quinoa and half pancake mix and both were really good! We made a big batch and froze them and have been having them in the morning for quick heat up and go breakfasts....they taste better and are healthier for you than Eggo!!

Greek Yogurt Biscuits