Monday, March 4, 2013

A Visit from My Mamma!

I think those of us that that live far away from our families have a deep and resounding excitement for family visitors, especially our mothers! Well, at least that is the case for me. I was on the count down 5 weeks prior to her coming! The last time I saw my mom was June of last year...that is 8 months....EIGHT months! Whew...long time.

So she arrived last Saturday. Our first stop, per her request, was some real Tex-Mex! I had never been there, but we decided to go to La Hacienda. I'm not a huge fan of Tex-Mex so I didn't really know what to expect, but when we walked in and found cowhide tablecloths, horseshoe condiment holders, plates piled high with food, and a deep smoky BBQ smell, I knew we were in the right place. 



 
Jordan and I split this plate of food and STILL had leftovers!

After we had lunch, we took Mom for a drive to see Frisco area in all of its glory. We took her to see the nice neighborhoods, the shopping centers, the this and the that. We ended up going to Best Buy after that and upgrading our phones.....sorry Jordan and I subjected you to that, Mom! The rest of the night we just relaxed and let mom wind down from traveling. 

Sunday was also a relaxing day. Jordan and I went to church and then I came home a little early to be with Mom. We ended up spending the afternoon going on a walk around the pond and sitting by the pool in the sun. We had a great dinner and spent the evening watching the Oscars.

Monday we spent the day out and about and nothing really noteworthy happened. Oh okay, well we did go to Costco and Garden Ridge, which are both momentous experiences! In the evening I made her a nice birthday dinner, her birthday was February 4th, and then gave her the gift of getting a massage!

Tuesday we went shopping! Now, my mamma doesn't really like to go shopping, so we ended up just doing some browsing at Joanns, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and she had never been so I had to take her to Sam Moon!

Oh dang! Do you think I look like my mom a little?


Mom! Open your eyes! Haha, at least we both look a little silly! ;)

After a little shopping we got PEDICURES!! We both love love love getting pedicures. The last time I took her to get a pedi it was a bad experience, so I wanted to take her to a really nice place that was decently priced and guess what.....we went to Picasso Nails and had a GREAT time!


We decided to get matching green toes in honor of St. Patrick's Day!

After our pedicure we went home, mom did a little work, we worked on redecorating my apartment, watched a movie, ate some cake and hit the hay. 

Wednesday morning we woke up nice and early and in hopes of finishing some of the decorating we started the night before we ran to Lowe's and the Dollar Store and got some last minute things.




We did some planting to get a little green in the apartment! She thought it would be a good idea and now that we have them planted and around the house they look great! Once we finished and got some of the soil cleaned up we packed up her bags in the car and headed to the airport. 



My mom was here in Texas for about 4 and 1/2 days and went by so fast! I didn't realize how much of a mamma's girl I am. I've been on my own and away from my mom for a few years now that every moment I can spend with her is so precious. She is such a cool lady and I enjoy being with her not only because she is my mom, but also because she is my friend.