Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Home

Well well...we have lived in our apartment for a little over two months and I have yet to post any pictures, but not to fear, pictures are HERE!!

I looked at probably 12 or 15 different apartments and when I saw this one I fell in love! It is open and it is an almost comfortable size for a one-bedroom apartment. Okay...ready for the tour? Here we gooo!



 Apartment 1822 is where is it at! Also, I love wreaths! My goal is to have one for every month of the year as well as every holiday...sounds like a good goal to me! (p.s. I made that wreath!)


This is the stairway leading up to our apartment. The complex we live in is only has two-story buildings and our floor plan is only available upstairs. The bad thing about our second floor apartment...it gets hot! The good thing about our second floor apartment is that we live over garages so we can really be as loud as we want without having grumpy neighbors!! :)


Once you get to the top of the stairs it opens into our lovely living room.


This is the other side of the living room. Behind the half-wall is the stairwell, so technically you would enter the room to the right of this picture.


 This is also what you see straight ahead of you when you reach the top of the stairs...the Jordan and Lexi shrine!


This is our dining room, located behind the small couch. 


 You are correct..this is our small patio, just outside the dining room!


There is a little storage area outside as well! It has been super nice to have a little extra storage space for our camping junk and other miscellaneous stuff. It is warm and dry here in Texas so we don't really have to worry about moisture damage to our stuff...we mostly just have to worry about bugs and geckos.


This is the view from our patio. Luxurious huh? Like a Hawaiian beach sunset....or not.

Okay, going back inside....


This is our kitchen. This would be on the left hand side of the top of the stairs. On the right hand side of this picture you can see a little sliver of our pantry door...yeah...we have a pantry.


Aren't you all jealous of how big our kitchen is?! ;) It really isn't that big, but it suits our needs for now. That door in the picture leads down into the dungeon.....okay, it is just the laundry room, but we don't have any washers or dryers in there, just stuff that won't fit anywhere else so I opted out of showing ya'll a "we have lots of junk that we don't know what to do with" shot.


Okay, now from the kitchen picture turn around and there is this, a small hallway. The door on the left is the bathroom (with a garden tub). The first door on the right is a coat closet, the second door on the right is the linen closet, and the door straight back is our bedroom. 



This is the bathroom. Yes, there is a fake flower arrangement in the corner and yes, I did it myself. 

Enough of the bathroom...off to the bedroom. 


This is the view from the door. So when we moved we invested in a new mattress....a KING mattress. It is so nice! Man, I don't think we could ever go back to a queen.


That is Jordan's side of the room. 


That is MY side of the room. Riiiight next to the closet. :) Our closet is a small walk-in closet. Even though it is considered small it is the biggest one I have ever had! I won't show you a picture because it is kind of messy, so you can just take my word for it. 


I just have to take a moment to appreciate my handi-work. I made ALL of these pillows. 
 

This ruffly one I'm especially proud of. It took me like, oh 6 hours, and it turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to. I'm so so so happy!

Well folks, that's all she wrote! Our apartment is small, but I really like what we have going on here. We are extremely blessed to have found such a great apartment. I'm extremely pleased with what we found and especially the area. We live in Frisco, Texas and in the last 10-15 years this area has just boomed and has expanded and grown so much (from what I'm told). Everything is relatively close, Target and Walmart are 5 minutes away, we live 20 minutes from the DFW airport, 30 minutes from Dallas, and 30 minutes from family. We love where we are and feel like the Lord has truly had a hand in our lives, for what we have is good!