Sunday, July 6, 2014

Going to the Zoo!

Last week Emerson and I were pretty sick of being cooped up in the house, so we called up the cousins and decided to take an adventure to the Dallas Zoo!


First stop, the elephants. I forgot how massive those things are!


Then on to the giraffes! The really neat part of seeing the giraffes was that you could purchase lettuce leaves to feed them and they would just come right up to the fence and take them from you!




Oh man. We walked up to the lion exhibit right as they were feeding the males. They did these "exercises" with the lions that stretched them out so we could see how tall/long they are. These animals are definitely ones to be afraid of...they wouldn't hesitate to eat you!



And then there is a cheetah 6 inches away from us...






I loved seeing the flamingos! They were so pretty!



Emerson did so well for about 2 1/2 hours. He wasn't able to nap on the way down so he totally crashed about 20 minutes before we left and I couldn't resist taking a picture of my cute baby sleeping at the zoo. He's my bud and we do everything together, I'm so glad I was able to take him to the zoo. Even though he is much too young to remember these things, it is important for us to go do them for family time sake, for activity sake, and for tradition sake. I want my kids to never have the opportunity to say we didn't do fun things, and you bet I'm starting them young!