Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters
(I didn't have the chipotle seasoning for these, but they were really good without it!)
Chicken Meatballs in Cream Sauce
(I didn't have ground chicken on hand, but it was great with beef.)
Lettuce Wraps (from Allthecooks Ap)
- 1 lb ground turkey, chicken, or lean beef
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 small can of water chestnuts - chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1-2 teaspoons ginger power
- I added a bit of hoisen sauce to make it a touch less salty
Use a large skillet to brwn the ground meat. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. When it is almost done, add chopped yellow onion and chopped mushrooms. Turn to medium heat, cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes. Make the sauce during this time.
Mix the sauce ingredents together in a bowl, stirring well. Make sure there are no lumps.
Add sauce to the ground meat and veggies, stirring well. The sauce is not only the flavor, but thickens it to help stick together. Add chopped water chestnuts and sliced green onion, stir. Simmer covered in low 1-2 minutes.
Serve with romaine or iceberg lettuce. Additional fillings you could use include brown rice, cilantro, julienne carrots, and chopped peanuts.
Paprika Chicken (Allthecooks Ap)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2-3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cut raw chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet until browned. In a separate pan combine soup, sour cream, paprika, and red pepper flakes until simmering. Combine chicken and sauce. Serve over noodles.
Chicken Craisin Salad
- 1 large bag European or continental-blend salad greens
- 2 lbs fried bacon-cut into pieces after cooked
- 8 chicken breast halves boiled and shredded(I don't usually use that much)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (sugared and browned if you want-I don't do that)
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or yogurt bites
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix dressing ingredients in blender. While blending, add 1 cup vegetable oil. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Toss salad and dressing immediately before serving.