Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Busy Little Bee

Over the past month or so I have gone baby crazy. I've been making all sorts of different things I'm going to need for when baby comes!

Project 1: A Diaper Bag


Front View

 Back View






















Inside and Side View

I used a Simplicity pattern that I got on sale for .99 cents. I needed 1.5 yards of both the outer fabric and the liner fabric, and accent ribbon. I already had on hand elastic and thread. In total, this bag cost me about $12 and about 5 hours of time. 

Project 2 : A Nursing Cover


 Front View


Secret Pocket View


I had to share the pattern of the fabric because I am just so in love with it!

For this I also used a Simplicity pattern that I got for .99 cents! The great thing about Simplicity basic craft patterns is that there are 5 or 6 patterns in one envelope! This pattern was basically a square, but I used the pattern just to make sure I got everything cut straight. All I needed was 1 1/4 yard of fabric of the patterned fabric, 1 yard of the liner fabric, 1/4 boning, and 1 package of 1 in. D rings. This project cost me a total of $10 and about 1.5 hours of time. 

Project 3: Panel Book


Front View


Inside View

I swear, sometimes it is a bad thing I work at a craft store! This came up to the cutting counter and when I saw the price of $2.99 for a single panel, I just about died. I have been wanting to make one of these panel books for a long time, but I just couldn't justify $9.99 for a single panel/book, no thanks. Like I said, I picked up the panel for $2.99 (plus my employee discount), I already had interfacing, batting and thread. So, this project cost me $2.50 ish and about 1.5 hours to complete.

Project 4: Baby Bow Ties



I saw this tutorial on Pinterest and HAD to make some lil bow ties for my lil guy! The tutorial is very easy to follow, totally doable even if you don't have a sewing machine! I didn't buy any new fabric for this project, I used my scraps for each and every bow tie I made! Once I got the hang of making them it took me about 10 minutes to whip one together.

Project 5: Baby Blessing Outfit


To make this cute little vest I used this tutorial. The vest looks complicated and time consuming to make, but I promise you it ISN'T! For this project I already had the buttons and all the fabric I needed so again, this project was something I made purely from my scraps! The vest probably took me 30-45 minutes to whip together. This was such an easy project and I can't wait to make more for all occasions.