Wednesday, January 8, 2014

32 Week Pregnancy Update




How far along? 32 weeks

Total weight gain: I've gained a total of probably 25 pounds. I'm amazed at that number! Other than the obvious weight gain in my stomach, my body has pretty much stayed the same...I'm sure I'll realize where all the extra weight is all "hiding" after the baby is born.

Maternity clothes? Holy cow yes! I got quite a few tops, a couple pairs of pants, and a couple skirts and wow, they make a huge difference. With normal people clothes I felt restricted, but with the ultra stretchy maternity clothes I can actually be semi comfortable.

Stretch marks? No new ones! I had a couple on my side area and those have darkened, but thankfully no new stretch marks.

Sleep: As with the rest of my pregnancy some nights are better than others. I wake up quite often to adjust sleep positions, which is either my right side or my left side, both are uncomfortable. I'm a tummy sleeper and I can't wait for this lil babe to be here so that I can get back to sleeping on my tummy, when I can get some sleep.

Best moment this week: Now that my prince is getting big, Jordan can feel him on a more regular basis. It is also exciting to have others, mainly family, feel him move around and kick! 

Miss anything? I know how this sounds before I say it, but I miss being able to see my feet. I know I am getting bigger for a good reason and that I will get "back to normal" soon enough, but I miss just having a normal body. I miss sleeping through the night.

Movement: Very much so! There are days where he is a bump on a log and then there are other days where he is a little ninja. Some times I forget that I am pregnant and then he squirms around and I get excited to meet him all over again.

Food cravings: No dire cravings, but if I see something that looks good I can't NOT get it or else I will crave it!

Anything making you queasy or sick: This pregnancy I haven't had any trigger smells or anything and I'm far enough in that most of that queasy feelings have dissipated. I have, however, been having monster cases of heartburn! :(

Gender: It's a boy! Can't wait to meet my little prince!

Labor signs: Occasionally I'll have some Braxton Hicks contractions, but no real labor signs.

Symptoms: Still no bloating or swelling, thank heavens. I have been losing a lot of hair, and in general my hair is limp and lifeless...bummer! I have raging heartburn, mostly at night. I have been very forgetful lately, coming up with simple words is a constant battle and it is only getting worse! It is getting harder and harder to reach something on the floor or get up off the couch! 

Belly button in or out? For now my belly button is in...it sure is putting up a good fight!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I've been really motivated lately to work as hard as I can to do my part in the finance department so I'm trying to stay focused on the reasons why I'm working so hard and so I'm staying happy.

Looking forward to: We have passed a lot of our "mile markers" (aka 10 week appointment, listening to the heartbeat for the first time, finding out the gender, announcing to family and friends) and so I'm really just trying to enjoy the little things. Jordan and I have become much closer as a couple the last few months and together we are enjoying our last few months as "newlyweds" and finding the joy in the small things.

Jordan and I will be working on a couple big projects here soon, namely getting our headboard finished up and also getting the baby's nursery all put together. I'm so excited to have a room to put the baby's stuff instead of stuffed in a closet!