Wednesday, October 9, 2013

20 Week Pregnancy Update



How far along? 20 weeks exactly...or 5 months......halfway!

Total weight gain: Ugh, I've gained a total of probably 13-15 pounds. I haven't weighed myself since my last doctor appointment, so I don't have an exact number...who really cares anyway?

Maternity clothes? Holy cow yes! I got quite a few tops, a couple pairs of pants, and a couple skirts and wow, they make a huge difference. With normal people clothes I felt restricted, but with the ultra stretchy maternity clothes I can actually be semi comfortable.

Stretch marks? No new ones! 

Sleep: The past week has been really difficult for me. I have been waking up every hour on the hour and not getting very restful sleep in between wake ups because of the WEIRD dreams I've been having. I've given up on thinking I'll get a full night's rest for at least the next 4 years.

Best moment this week: Last weekend was my birthday and I had so much fun celebrating with those I love. Best baby related moment? Hmm..I got some really cheap patterns for miscellaneous baby paraphernalia I'm going to make!  

Miss anything? SLEEP!

Movement: Oh yes! It seems like most of the day he sleeps, with a few occasional position changes and exciting dreams, but during the evening I can really feel him moving around and stretching his body out. Jordan still hasn't been able to feel him move, but that will for sure be my favorite moment when it happens!

Food cravings: I haven't had any real cravings, but I'm always up for pickles, salsa and chips, and chewy fruity candy like Mamba, Now and Later, or Chewy Spree!! Yum!

Anything making you queasy or sick: This pregnancy I haven't had any trigger smells or anything and I'm far enough in that most of that queasy feelings have dissipated. I have, however, been having monster cases of heartburn! :(

Gender: It's a boy! Can't wait to meet my little prince!

Labor signs: I don't think so. I've had a little bit of what feels like cramping, but it might just be the little soccer player inside me!

Symptoms: Still no bloating or swelling, thank heavens. I have been losing a lot of hair, and in general my hair is limp and lifeless...bummer! I'm very tired most days, been feeling a little plugged up lately, but that should work itself out (pun intended), raging heartburn, yup that about sums it up! 

Belly button in or out? In, for sure!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: The past couple of weeks have actually been a lot better than earlier in my pregnancy. I'm happier and just in general in a better mood.

Looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to Jordan feeling our son move for the first time. Jordan isn't an emotional person and so I pretty much have to guess at most things with him, but last week I did a little snooping and he is actually much much more excited than I thought he was. Makes my heart all gooey knowing how genuinely excited he is.