Wednesday, September 25, 2013

18 Week Pregnancy Update


How far along? 18 weeks exactly...or 4 and a half months! That is so crazy to me...I'm already almost half way through my pregnancy! Not much time to prepare!

Total weight gain: Ugh, I've gained a total of 10 pounds. My doctor says that is very good considering I'm almost halfway through pregnancy. I feel like I've gained a ton more weight, but hey...the numbers don't lie.

Maternity clothes? No maternity clothes yet. I'm using a hair tie to keep my pants "buttoned" when I actually do wear pants that button up, but most of the time I wear pants with a stretchy waistband. Shirts are still fitting okay, not for very much longer though!

Stretch marks? No new ones! 

Sleep: I usually wake up 2-4 times a night to use the bathroom amidst tossing and turning. I pretty much make a little cocoon each night with pillows so that any way I'm lying I can support my back and my belly. Jordan is loving it because I rarely touch him at night anymore...his dream come true! Haha!

Best moment this week: We found out the gender of our sweet little baby on Monday. That moment was very exciting, but I think it was made even better by the surprise and enthusiasm showed by Jordan and also by my mom.

Miss anything? I don't think pregnancy is too restrictive yet, so no.

Movement: Yes! On Sunday I felt three distinct kicks and I'm convinced I even felt a little kick with my hand! The baby is very active in the morning and when I'm lying down getting ready to go to bed. Jordan hasn't been able to feel anything, but I think he will be able to soon!

Food cravings: I haven't had any real cravings, but I'm always up for pickles, salsa and chips, and chewy fruity candy like Mamba, Now and Later, or Chewy Spree!! Yum!

Anything making you queasy or sick: This pregnancy I haven't had any trigger smells or anything and I'm far enough in that most of that queasy feelings have dissipated. I have, however, been having monster cases of heartburn! :(

Gender: Found our Monday, gender reveal pictures will be ready soon!

Labor signs: I don't think so. I've had a little bit of what feels like cramping, but it might just be the little soccer player inside me!

Symptoms: I haven't had any bloating or swelling, thank heavens. My hair and nails are growing SO fast! Ugh, like I mentioned before I've been having heartburn a ton lately...guess I better go buy some Tums! I've noticed that I snap a little quicker than usual. My poor husband, I feel bad for him sometimes. 

Belly button in or out? In, for sure!

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Errr a bit of both!  My emotions & hormones have been all over the place lately and I'm still trying to adjust to that I guess. I would say that I get agitated more easily, rarely cry, and am in a pleasant mood most of the time.

Looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to telling to gender to everyone! I'm also really excited for this weekend. I'm going to a gigantic consignment event where I'll hopefully be able to get some maternity clothes and other needed baby items at a steep discount...holla!