Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day...the day of love!

Jordan and I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day really big, mostly because he is forgetful and I do "lovey" stuff for him all the time, but this year I wanted to surprise him with something special. I started thinking about what I was going to do for him at the beginning of the month. Should I give him a candy bar poster? Should I write him a note with something special about him for every letter of the alphabet? Should I buy him some kind of food and use a catchy phrase? No. No. No. I figured I didn't want to put a ton of time into something for him to appreciate it for 5 minutes. So with that in mind this is what I came up with.

Who doesn't like seeing a trail of rose petals...even if they are from the dollar store?!

A love note for my man.

Little "coupons" for him to use at his discretion. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Our newest family picture and some of his favorite candies.

And lastly a candlelit dinner with special Valentine's Day muddy buddies and Italian sodas for dessert while we watched Taken 2 (super romantic movie...not).

This was nothing big, but I definitely surprised him and we did enjoy the evening together. It is the small things in life that make us happy! Although I think Valentine's Day is a sham, we did do a little celebrating in honor of us. We have been through so much recently and we just needed a moment to realize that we love each other and no matter what happens our love will endure.