Friday, November 16, 2012

Sewing Projects

I have taken a liking to sewing, finally. Let me be a little more specific....I like sewing rectangles and squares!

A few weeks ago I caught the "motivation bug" to finally start on my T-shirt quilt that I have been waiting/wanting to do for about a year now. I started the tedious task of cutting my squares, sewing them together, sewing my strips together, and now I'm at a standstill. I have to go get material for my border AND my backing. I'm at a standstill because I have to sit down and figure out how I'm going to measure my backing (because my quilt is HUGE and keeping the material in one piece is not an option) and, quite honestly, I have not had the time or desire to do that. I will though, I will!

Since the progress on my quilt stopped I decided to pick up material for my soon-to-be-here niece and make her a couple baby blankets. Those I finished and they look SO cute if I do say so myself!! I can't say anything more about those until after they are given as gifts. ;)

Now that I'm done with baby blankets I've offered to help my pregnant sister-in-law with some of her sewing projects. First in line of that list is a nursing cover. No, I have never made one and no, it is not a rectangle or a square. I'm a little apprehensive, but I think it will actually turn out great! I've decided that I need to be more patient with myself and take the time to let my projects take shape and not rush through them, so with that being said I'm excited to try my hand at something a little different than what I normally sew. Normally as in the last three projects I've done. After the nursing cover I'll be making baby headbands, also for my soon-to-be-niece.

After all that is done, I'd really like to make myself a tree skirt. I think I'm being a little ambitious at wanting a Christmas tree, but I'd at least like to have a skirt prepared for when we DO have room for a big ol fir tree!

Whew. That is quite the list! Wow. I amaze myself sometimes...not at my enthusiasm, but my straight stupidity at thinking all this is going to happen. Haha, at least I'm going to give it a really really good effort! When I have a little bit of time I'll make sure to post pictures of my many sewing adventures!