Friday, November 23, 2012

I'm thankful for...

As I have a moment to scroll through Facebook this morning it is quite obvious yesterday was Thanksgiving. There are a lot of things people are thankful for and it makes me happy to see everyone declaring so boldly their thanks.

In honor of the holiday I will publicly share a few things I'm thankful for this year.

I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. My faith has taken me to new heights and because of His love and grace I am a much better person than I could have become on my own.

I am thankful for my family. My family is Washington probably doesn't know how much I miss them and love them, I miss them and love them a whole lot! My family in Texas has turned out to be a huge blessing to me. I am very close to almost all of Jordan's immediate family and I am so thankful to know each and every single one of them.

I am thankful for my friends. I have very few close friends, but for that I am also grateful. The people that have stuck with me even though we live 1000 miles apart, the people that make an effort to check up on me, the people I can pick up a conversation and it feels like no time has passed, THOSE are my true and lasting friends and I'm so grateful to have the privilege of calling them MY friends.

I'm grateful for our business. As many of you know this is the hardest thing Jordan and I have ever done. We work all day everyday at the business and when we aren't at work, we are thinking about the business. This is the hardest and most stressful thing I've ever done, and yet I know this is one of the reasons we were supposed to come to Texas. We had no idea what we were going to do when we moved down here and in retrospect everything has worked out just perfect.

And lastly, but certainly leastly, I'm so grateful for my husband, Jordan. We are so very different and yet he is my best friend, my equal, my partner in crime, my fellow adventurer. Of all the things we disagree on or argue about, none of them really matter in the whole scheme of things, and for that I'm thankful for. As I watched him play with the little ones yesterday it reminded me of what a GREAT father he is going to be and I'm SO thankful for the privilege to be his wife and the mother to his children.

Although I may have a few bad days and sometimes forget how thankful I am for all that I am and all that I have, I hope those around me and the Lord know that I know I am blessed.