Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday To ME!

I always get excited for fall 1) because it is fall and 2) because it means my birthday season!! Yes people...season....my birthday lasts all of October because it is my favorite month AND my birth month!

Anyways...to the good stuff. My birthday was on a Friday this year (which is seriously the BEST day to have a birthday) and so the entire week before my birthday there was a dilemma, "what are we doing for Lexi's birthday?!" There were all types of plans and heres and theres and everywheres and so honestly I had no idea what in the heck was going on until about 11:00 a.m. Friday morning.

Jordan and I slept in late and watched a little TV and mostly just relaxed. Then we got ready and met Ma for lunch at a little modern Mexican place.


Oh man! It was so stinkin good!

Mom and Me
 (I got that shirt for my birthday from Jordan!)

Right after lunch Mom took me shopping at this CUTE little clothing shop. Now, I'm from the Northwest and I had never heard of this shop, Charming Charlie's, and the first time I went to one I fell absolutely in love! They color coordinate their stores with jewelry, shoes, purses, tops, scarves, and TONS of other accessories in each color category. Oh man, it is heaven! Jordan left us women to our business while he wandered around the shopping area. It was so fun doing a little shopping/spending one-on-one time with mom for my birthday and she, so generously, got me a couple tops and a couple necklaces for my birthday! (Thank you thank you!!)

Once we were done shopping Mom dropped Jordan and me back off at our car and we went to see the movie Pitch Perfect which turned out to be fricken' hilarious! I would  pay money to go see it again...yes, yes I would. 

After the movie Jordan and I went back home and cleaned up the house a little and kept on relaxing until it was dinner time. At about 6:30 we headed over to The Cheesecake Factory for some delicious dinner with his parents and sister and bro-in-law.

 From left to right: 
Marlys, Del, Jordan, Me, Kylie, Mike

 What a huge pile of crunchy noodle thingies!

Kylie and me with our delicious meals!

Once we were all stuffed to the brim with food we loaded up into our cars and went back to our apartment. While there Dad surprised me with a birthday gift:


This is a really terrible picture and it does not do the table justice, but he gave me this! Now a little background on this table. Last year when Jordan and I were living in Idaho we had NO furniture...we did not own a single piece of furniture, we were borrowing everything. So one day we are pulling into our parking lot and we notice a little coffee table and a papasaun chair sitting next to the dumpster. They looked like they were is fairly decent condition so we grabbed them and brought them home. Upon further inspection the table legs were glued together lengthwise (you could see the glue barely holding each side together), the screws and such that connect the legs to the top were busted and needed to be replaced, the whole thing needed to be sanded and stained/painted; it was a mess. The papasaun chair was the same, the cushion was nasty and needed a cover, the frame the cushion sat is was busted as was the base. For some reason we kept both pieces of furniture and thought they would be good "projects". Yeah....projects that required equipment/money we didn't have. Since we didn't have exactly what we needed what did we do? We committed the ultimate no-no, we bought a few cans of black spray paint and went at 'em. We did the whole chair frame and half of the table and then gave up. When we moved down to Texas, for some stupid reason, we brought both the table and the chair...ended up throwing the chair away and gave the table to dad. I told dad when I gave it to him that he could do anything he wanted with it...throw it out, use the pieces for something else, light it on fire, whatever. After that what did Dad do to it? He sands it down, repairs the problems, stains it, and gives it back as a stunning piece of furniture. Dad is a miracle maker, thank you Dad!!!

After he surprised me we all sat down and played games and topped off the night with a big fat slice of pecan pie and an heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

Once everyone left for the night Jordan gave me a few gifts I had been needing, clothes and such. I also enjoyed opening the gifts from my mom and sister, kitchen supplies I desperately needed. 


I also enjoyed the birthday present I bought myself. New makeup! Can't get better than that!


It was such a wonderful, low maintenance, relaxed evening. I couldn't have asked for anything more.