Emerson Emerson Emerson. He is turning into quite the little boy!
At 9 months, Emerson:
- can growl like a tiger
- loves climbing
- can open cupboards and drawers by himself
- loves crawling in tunnels
- still hates being in his carseat
- bear crawls on hard floors and normal crawls on carpet
- head bangs for no apparent reason
- is so vocal and friendly to everyone
- won't sit still for a picture (as evident above)
- favorite book is "Is Your Mamma a Llama?" but generally loves books
- loves playing with other littles
- is very good at putting himself to sleep (thanks goodness!)
- loves music and knows a few tunes by heart (just a couple are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, All About That Bass, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme Song)
- is not very snuggly, but is working on "kisses" with mommy and daddy
This little boy brings us so much joy. He is our little sweetie and just loves life. We have moved into our new apartment, which he loves exploring! He seems to be doing well with the adjustment, thankfully. We are really excited for the holidays coming up and can't wait to start our own family traditions!
Also, I have to put in a quick note about the Gerber Baby competition. So last month I found out that Gerber was having a competition to find the new Gerber Baby. Well I just had to send in a picture of Emerson!! So they have 6 age groups. The people vote for each age group and the winner of each age group gets $5,000, but official judges vote for the overall cutest baby, from all 6 groups and that winner gets like $50,000 and a year supply of Gerber food. Anyway, I thought it would be fun just to participate in it, but it has really taken off and Em has been getting a ton of votes! We don't know any official numbers, but I'm crossing my fingers for lots and lots of votes!!