Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Emerson's Grand Arrival

It was Tuesday morning and I knew I was going to be having my baby soon, even though it was a week before his due date. I called my mom, who wasn't supposed to be coming until Saturday, and told her I had been having light contractions all night and that they were slowly becoming stronger. We chatted a little bit longer about more of the nitty gritty details and ultimately decided she needed to change her flight ASAP so she would be here in time for the baby to come.

Even though I was having contractions I was having major nesting feelings, so, chaperoned by Jordan, we washed 3 cars, organized the bathroom, and finished up organizing the nursery. By the end of all that I was exhausted so we called it quits and "relaxed." At about 8:00 that night contractions were, what I thought, pretty strong so we decided to go to the hospital. When we got there I was only 3 cm dilated. The nurses suggested that we do some walking, so we walked. I'll spare you all the details, but in a nutshell, I had my water broken, labored for about 9 hours, and was finally ready to push. By the time my nurse said it was okay to push I not only wanted him out, but needed him out. I started pushing and knew that everything was going to happen pretty fast and furious. It took maybe 10 pushes and he was out! He arrived at 5:35 a.m weighing in at 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 21 in. long. When the nurses put him on my chest it was truly the most magical moment in my life, right after my wedding day. My son was finally here. After waiting three-quarters of a year, he was finally here and I was finally able to look at my baby boy.





 Oh my sweet baby Emerson!







I never knew how empty my life was until I had Emerson. He is my sweet little snuggle bug. He is my pride and my joy, he is my sweet little man.